Sunday, 28 July 2013

Just Call Me Coolie Long Legs


If my laptop could talk it would probably yell at me for being so slow in the grey matter. I've been trying to post this for about four days now. I don't know why but when an outfit is tied to an experience I get tongue tied and lost in things that aren't making a new blog post.






Dress - Salinger Crumbs
Clutch - BCBG Max Azria
Rings - From Korea
Shoes - Senso


Some of my friends say they envy my height, lack of proportion leg wise.
To them I say where will I find jeans that are long enough? Boys that are tall enough but more importantly appropriately short dresses and skirts?
All very shallow pursuits bit things I envy. If I'm being brutally honest, as I often am. I don't wear jeans because they're not long enough, date boys if they're not tall (and proper) enough or wear mini skirts and dresses.
Perhaps compromise would be inherent in some situations but its hard to just let go.
Party dressing makes me excited and anxious at the same time due to the fact that comfort may sometimes go out the window, and the 30000++ ways that a look could go wrong once you arrive at your destination. Plus given the fact that I have to talk myself into standing properly, showing more skin than my ankles (my body is mostly allergic to exposure) this seemed like a HUGE achievement. And the most fresh air my legs have seen since goodness knows when.
In other news I wore this to a friends 18th birthday party!  At which I became almost tearful at her own tears of overwhelmedness and said something super awkward. My gremlin face is partially due to the fact that I got white girl wasted on my McDonald’s and Starbucks cheat day lunch in an atypical manner. Combined with the hook latch on the inside of the dress keeping me from indecent exposure my mind was like no matter what happens this dress cannot snap open.
Desperate do not open dress thoughts did not stop me from eating at least two plates of the desert in image number 5.
This desert means asshole in Spanish. I blame all the sugar and caffeine in my system because when my good friends sister gave me the meaning (I coaxed her to get me more, 2 trips is enough 3 = judgement from those who were watching the dessert table with hawk like eyes) I replied those are some tasty assholes. *I swear I was sober!!!*
Gosh, the things that come out of my mouth.
I super enjoyed the night as I got to see a few pals that I haven't in ages.
Hopefully we will keep the plans we sorta started making!

Images 4,8 and 9 Taken by Leanne
Images 1-3, 5-7 Taken by Me
Images 4,6,7,8 and 9 edited by Me

No comments:

Post a Comment