Sunday, 14 July 2013

Aga





Dress - Nine West
Skirt - Le Chateau



Bag - From Masaai market
Shoes - Bata


But what I really want to talk about is the importance of outfits. I personally use them to send messages to the world and myself; sweats if I'm really down down down in the dumps, jeans when I want to be feel some permanence and heels when I'm in a don't mess with me mood (Isn't that always?)
When I finished going through the preteen stage, the importance of the first outfit of a new school year was akin to final exam marks. Done with a mixture of great anticipation and equal parts dread. Coming to the last day of my highschool experience I felt an almost nostalgic need to wear something that said peace out and good bye.
I have learned many 'fashion' lessons in high school. Short skirts are only great till you have to go up the stairs, shoulder bags will compromise your posture once real learning starts and details can make even the simplest items a coherent outfit.
None of that influenced this outfit though. I only wanted to wear something that would incorporate short hemlines (Keep in mind the fact that I spend as much time as I can in the  summer covered head to toe) punchy colours and enough layers to be summer ok and air condition proof.
For anyone wondering aga means baby in Korean, and seeing as I'm nursing a food and shirt lump baby I felt the need to pay my respects.
Bijoux,
Akoyi
Images taken by Na Eun
Images edited by me



No comments:

Post a Comment